When troubleshooting connection issues, we may ask you to run an MTR test. MTR traces your connection and logs information about each step that it takes, allowing us to better diagnose exactly where the issues is.
This test requires the use of a 3rd-party program. The steps below will guide you on performing the test.
- Download WinMTR
- Extract the contents of the .zip file downloaded to a location on your PC.
- Open the folder extracted from the .zip file and select the folder that matches your version of Windows (32-bit or 64-bit) and run WinMTR.exe
- Enter the IP address you want to test in the "Host" field of the application window. This is typically your server IP.
- Click "Start" to begin the test and connect to your service (if feasible) while running the test.
- After capturing about five minutes of data, click "Stop" in WinMTR.
- Click "Export Text" and save the .txt file to a location on your PC.
- Provide our team with the .txt file generated by WinMTR.
Notice for Minecraft Users: If you see "Unable to resolve hostname". Please check you've removed the port
:XXXX from the end of the Host field.
In the terminal shell enter
mtr [IP] where [IP] is replaced with your server IP.